Tuesday, March 23, 2010

GoeOrbis - Barbados

March 22 – I visited GeoOrbis for my first vocational visit in Barbados. I spent my time discussing the GIS projects GeoOrbis does for their clients with Managing Director Craig Batstone and GIS & RS Coordinator Renee Babb. GeoOrbis has constructed a vehicle tracking GIS application for many companies and government departments to utilize on the island. For commercial endeavors this allows companies to streamline their efficiency. While ambulances and emergency vehicles are the most widely used service vehicle GeoOrbis tracks for the government offices.

GeoOrbis has also supplied all of the aerial imagery for the recently published road atlas of Barbados.

Craig showing me some of GeoOrbis’s aerial imagery.

Monica Holzmer

No comments:

Post a Comment