Thursday, March 4, 2010

Barbados - Tour of the Prime Minister's Residence

By the luck of the draw, my name was pulled out of the hat by Stanley and Harriot to be my host family on Barbados. Actually, it was me that lucked out!

After a morning of orientation for our upcoming month in the Windward Islands of the Caribbean, lunch with Rotarians from all three Barbados Rotary clubs and a beach afternoon at the Barbados Yacht Club, Harriot picked me up and surprised me with a personal tour of Barbados Prime Minister David Thompson's residence! Apparently, Anne Marie (Stanley and Harriot's 17-year old daughter) is best friends with the Prime Minister's daughter.

Although I was unable to take photos inside, they allowed me to take several photos from the upstairs outdoor pool of the grounds - the grounds are used for a variety of events. In fact, the Rotary Club of Barbados does its largest fundraiser on this beautiful property.

Shelly Kane









No comments:

Post a Comment